When the stock market is in turmoil it's a good time to connect with clients and remind them why buying residential rental real estate is such a safe, stable, and secure investment.
Here are 7 Reasons Why Real Estate is a Great Investment:
1) Appreciation - The market has returned to a healthy, stable, and predictable 4-5% appreciation. Rental properties go up in value as rental prices rise. With high demand and low vacancy rents have been rising steadily for several years. In addition the job market and the maturing millennial generation are creating thousands of new households each month.
2) Depreciation - The IRS allow rental owners to "write down" a portion of the value of their rental investment over a period of time. This allow rental owners to offset some of their annual gains which can increase their ability to shelter income. Always refer your clients to a qualified CPA for guidance.
3) Sweat Equity - When rental owners make improvements to their properties over time they can add value to their investment. From everything from new bathrooms, flooring, cabinets, or even fencing anything that will help the property receive higher rents will increase the value of the property.
4) Principal Reduction - Every time a renter makes their rental payment, and in turn the owner makes their mortgage payment the principal balance left owing on the property is reduced. Why? Because the renter is paying the rental owners mortgage!
5) 1031 Tax Deferred Exchange - Rental owners can roll their gains (and their tax liability) into their next real estate investment using a 1031 Tax Deferred Exchange. This powerful tool allows real estate investors to build equity and compound their gains over time.
6) Leverage - When investing in real estate investment owners are able to take advantage of leverage - meaning they can secure a mortgage to purchase a property. This provides them with a way to compound their gains, also today rental owners can lock in low interest 25-30 year mortgages that will provide them with even better returns over time.
7) Control - One the biggest advantages of owning residential rental real estate is that your client is in control of their investment. Unlike the stock market where decisions are often made behind closed doors with rental real estate your clients decide when to buy, rent, sell, or hold the property.
Do you need more leads, more listings, more buyers, and more closings?
Explore Mastery Classes:
Weekly Coaching Program:
About Jim Remley
Jim Remley is a nationally recognized expert in the field of residential real estate. Entering the real estate industry at the age of 19 he began an unlikely rise from college drop out to real estate Rock Star by becoming ranked in the top 1% of REALTORS® nationwide. Implementing game-changing strategies and deploying the latest technology advances Jim shattered sales records by listing over 150 properties in one twelve month period. At 24 he opened his first Real Estate Company and grew the company to 17 offices becoming the largest independent real estate company in the State of Oregon.
Today Jim leads one of the largest real estate firms in the state of Oregon with over $900 million dollars in sales volume a year with just over 160 active Brokers. As a consultant, author, speaker, and trainer Jim has one mission – to create abundance through simplicity of action. In 2018 Jim launched www.erealestatecoach.com an On-Demand Video Coaching platform designed for REALTORS to tap into highly focused information and actionable ideas based on thousands of interviews with top producers from across the country.
Implement game changing lead generation strategies, grow your sphere of influence, improve your presentation skills, build systems, tap into follow up tools, learn time management strategies, and tap into your true potential.
This is your time to create the business and life you deserve!
✔ Take Control of Your Career!
✔ Manage Your Time Effectively!
✔ Attract Clients Instead of Chase Clients!
✔ Plug into Proven Systems!
✔ Tap Your True Potential!