First I hope you had an amazing holiday with your family. My wife, Danielle, and I were able to have a fun trip over to Whitefish, Montana by train and spent the holidays in the snow. From both Danielle and I we wish you a happy New Year!
As we all look forward to 2019 it’s important to consider five key areas of your business that can have a massive impact on your success in the New Year.
Let’s break them down:
1) Your Attitude –To change your attitude the first step is to accept that motivation is a myth. Waiting for motivation to strike or for someone or something to motivate you is like waiting for lightning to strike. Houses would never be built, books would never be written, music would never be made if those creators all waited for motivation to strike. The secret to success isn’t motivation, it’s work. Your attitude about doing the work is the key to your success. Acceptance that no magic bullet, no secret sauce, lead funnel, or social media “secret” is going to unlock the door to a pot of gold. What creates success is a positive attitude about doing the work. To improve your attitude try these three things.
2) Your Work Ethic – Did you know that agents that work 40+ hours a week make 5X more than those that don’t? It seems simple work more, make more. But the vast majority of agents don’t actually work a 40 hour week. Instead they pretend to work a 40 hour week and throw up sad emoji’s when then don’t make six figures. Successful agents value their time. They invest in areas that will provide the greatest return on their investment. They avoid time wasters, time vampires, and time swamps. To invest your time more effectively try these three steps:
3) Your Focus – You get more of what you focus on. When you focus on negative things, with negative people, in a negative environment, with negative language – this may be shocking - you get negative results. It’s easy to say we don’t do that – but consider what you are reading, watching, and listening to… You are the curator of your own mindset. Reset your focus – if you need more clients – focus on lead generation and the people, techniques, and strategies that create leads. If you need more buyers – talk to someone who has closed more buyers than you have in the last twelve months. Intently focus on what it is that you specifically want in business and in life. Try these three techniques:
4) Your Strategy – Jack Welch famously said – No Strategy is a strategy. Most agents don’t have a plan, they don’t know from one day to the next what they will or should be doing. Instead they hope that the market will magically deliver buyers and sellers to their desk. That doesn’t work. To succeed you need a strategy, to win you need a strategy, to improve you need a strategy. By definition a great strategy means we have to adapt to changing conditions. The market today is changing – you must change – you must change your strategy. Here are three ways to change:
5) Your Mental Toughness – How fast are you distracted? If you didn’t make it this last point until re-reading this post a couple times, the answer is pretty easily. Being mental tough means you can withstand the constant barrage of distractions that are constantly erupting around you all the time and stay on task. The grit to keep moving forward despite a tough escrow, a difficult seller conversation, or an escrow that has gone south –is the strength of character that is a defining for factor for people who succeed. To develop your mental toughness try these things:
I am passionate about helping you make 2019 your best year ever in Real Estate! Let’s roll up our sleeves and do the work.
About Jim Remley:
Jim Remley is a nationally recognized expert in the field of residential real estate. Entering the real estate industry at the age of 19 he began an unlikely rise from college drop out to real estate Rock Star by becoming ranked in the top 1% of REALTORS® nationwide. Implementing game-changing strategies and deploying the latest technology advances Jim shattered sales records by listing over 150 properties in one twelve month period. At 24 he opened his first Real Estate Company and grew the company to 17 offices becoming the largest independent real estate company in the State of Oregon.
Today Jim leads one of the largest real estate firms in the state of Oregon with over $800 million dollars in sales volume a year with just over 160 active Brokers. As a consultant, author, speaker, and trainer Jim has one mission – to create abundance through simplicity of action. In 2018 Jim launched www.erealestatecoach.com an On-Demand Video Coaching platform designed for REALTORS to tap into highly focused information and actionable ideas based on thousands of interviews with top producers from across the country.
Implement game changing lead generation strategies, grow your sphere of influence, improve your presentation skills, and tap into your true potential. This is your time to create the business and life you deserve!
Accepted Students Receive 14 Days of FREE Coaching:
Including 12 On-Demand Video Lessons, 26 Instant Action Downloads (scripts, forms, texts, letters, social media tools, and more). Plus Live Monday Morning Momentum Coaching with Jim, and the Five by Five System to supercharge your sphere of influence, and 4 huge Bonus Items!